Thursday, October 16, 2008

Puppy Update

There don't seem to be many controversial words in my head lately (haven't been paying attention to politics) so I've fallen behind on my blogging. The major event still occuring in our household is puppies. Yes, puppies qualify as an event. Especially when there are 11 of them. They are still healthy, active, and beautiful. Our neighbors (whose dog we borrowed) are going to keep a boy (thank goodness, since there are 9 (!!!) boys in the litter). They also think the police department may want to buy one of them as a drug detection dog. A few of their friends are also interested in hunting dogs. It leaves me wondering, if they find homes for half the litter (not an inconsiderable feat) do I give them a finder's fee? Do I buy them dinner? Do I just say "thank you" and run with the money? What would you do if it were your neighbors and your puppies?




Christine finally found my blog (but didn't comment). She later told me that I need more recent pictures. So I am going to fill the rest of my blog this evening with current family pictures. Sorry, there aren't any of me that don't show a horrendous double chin (obviously the camera added something there) and my husband makes himself scarce when the camera's out so you'll have to be happy with pictures of the boys and dogs.






It is really hard to take a picture of big dogs when they keep following you.





Pay no attention to the chocolate smeared all over Sam's face. Please. These are pictures from birth day.










Good thing we have a large pool for the puppies. Notice the classy plastic lawn furniture arranged around the pool for viewing convenience.





Finally, here are the puppies today. Sorry I didn't get any kids in the picture so it's hard to see how much they've grown. By this time next week everyone should have their eyes open and they'll be well on their way to becoming holy terrors (just like the rest of the family). Enjoy them while they're small and sweet and have no teeth.







2 comments:

Amy said...

This is probably going to sound mean, but they are kind of like cabbage patch kids at this age, so ugly their cute!

We also thought you should probably consider a finder's fee. Like if they find a home for four give them a gift of a $100 as a thank you. Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

OK I got the hint! It took me a while to figure out how to comment, remember you are dealing with an illiterate blogger here. Kids are getting huge and are still cute. I couldn't believe Chris has put on some chunk as he was soo slim a year ago but it looks good on him and when he hits a growth spurt he will be slim jim again. OK the queen of run on sentences must depart...... Christine

Jake camping in the living room

Jake camping in the living room