Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Walk in faith

Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.

Mahatma Gandhi






Walk in faith. It's harder to do than you'd think. Go with the flow. What will be, will be... so very hard for people like me who seriously lack patience.

I know that time answers most questions and heals most hurts. It just takes sooooo long when what I want is instant gratification. Could we please just fast forward life and get to the good parts? Wait! No, I take that back. I want a long and rich life. If I fast forward through the everyday stuff I would miss the most valuable parts of this life. So... how do I get from here to there without fast forwarding and without losing what is left of my mind?

Walk in faith.

Trust.

Believe.

Love.

Walk in faith.

Why are the important things always so complicated- and yet simple at the same time? Simple, simple ideas- such simple ideas.

Fear crowds out faith. Impatience comes with it. If I let Fear and Impatience play together long enough they invite their friend Anger (at least he seems to come to all the parties they host at my house). So... when all else fails and fear starts to set out the snacks and is looking for the phone to invite his friends over... practice walking in faith, practice letting go of what I can't control anyway (and really wouldn't want to), practice loving without reservation, practice being open to life and whatever good may be coming my way. Trust that whatever happens is what is supposed to happen... and put the fear and worries in a balloon and "let it go."

Walk in faith.



1 comment:

Janet said...

Yes, I realize it's not a great post. I said I'd blog regularly and I have nothing better in my brain at the moment :-) I'll try to do better next time.

Jake camping in the living room

Jake camping in the living room