Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Labor Pains

I've started a quilt for Dave's grandma but it's not going very quickly. This may have something to do with me being an idiot and dual enrolling my oldest son in homeschool and "specials" at the local elementary school. This means we spend about 2 hours a day running back and forth and waiting (with not quite enough time to accomplish anything). It also means we have to fit the structured part of our lessons in either before or after school instead of at our leisure (which worked very well during Christmas break). I think next year we're going to commit 100% to homeschooling because running back and forth to school every day is getting in the way of our education :-)




Here's the fabric for the quilt. It's a much more mellow, earthy pallette than I've worked with before. I hope it all comes together the way I'm picturing it in my mind.




Here are some of the completed and partial blocks. Does it look too much like an old lady?


2 comments:

Amy said...

I think when you add in the other fabrics, they will add the pop you're looking for, and not remind you of an old lady quilt!

katie said...

I don't think it looks old lady, but then again, my taste might already be old lady:0) I really like the red adn green fabrics.

Jake camping in the living room

Jake camping in the living room