Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nightmares

I had the worst dream last night and I just can't seem to shake it this morning- so I'm going to write about it :-) Luckily, I lost most of my readers when I took a few months off of blogging.

The gist of what happened is that I dreamed Dave left me- without saying anything- just packed up and left. He was gone for a fairly long time (a week, a few weeks- not sure) and didn't contact me at all. The man just flat out ignored me.

Then we were getting ready for a family camping trip and he came to load the Suburban and just acted like everything was normal. But I was so mad at him for leaving me and not telling me why or even giving me a chance to know that there was something wrong before he left.

It makes me wonder if that fear has been lurking in my subconscious all along- or was this just a new twist on nightmares. Either way, the dream is lingering. This is one I'd really like to forget in the usual fashion of forgetting what you dream within a short time after waking.

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

Hey there! I was thinking of you and figured I would check in and see how you were doing.

That nightmare seems like a perfectly normal one, considering all you've been through. I hope you are doing better now. {{hugs}}

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Nay Family said...

Janet- I dream almost every night. I love dreams and love to analyze them.
Here's what I think...
I think it is mirroring your life. 1. Dave did leave you...
2. You have gone on. You haven't let it stop you from doing important things with your children (IE: Camping).
3. I don't think it's fear that is lingering - maybe it's anger. Which is how it was manifested in your dream. (I haven't seen your angry side about him passing, but I'm sure you've gone through it. And this is where I'll stop with that... )
4. When you do get to be reunited with him, everything will be as normal. He'll be there to help with the family, just like in the dream. He may have more answers as to why he had to leave, but it won't matter at that point. Which sounds like the attitude he was taking in your dream. He just wanted to get on with being with his family...

Okay- enough analyzing...Just some thoughts...

p.s. You amaze me. And you make me laugh. Thank you!

Jake camping in the living room

Jake camping in the living room